Back at the Arizona State Public Health Laboratory in 2024!
SAVE THE DATE!
Thursday, April 11, 2024 – Fundamentals of BSL-3 – Virtual Offering
Monday, April 29, 2024 –Tour of Bioscience Innovation District
April 30-May 1, 2024 – BSL-3 Design and Operations
May 2-3, 2024 – Advanced BSL-3 Practices and Procedures
These classes leverage the holistic relationship of practices and procedures with facilities and equipment to enable successful science. Join us and learn from 7 instructors who each bring 20+ years of experience to class discussions.
DO YOU HAVE INTEREST IN THE FOLLOWING:
• Improving your capabilities in BSL-3 laboratory architectural and engineering design
• Exploring strategies for decision-making when renovating an aging facility to meet new BSL-3 requirements or building a new BSL-3
• Reducing lab operation and maintenance costs without sacrificing safety
• Elevating your abilities to the senior level of CDC and APHL’s “Biosafety Laboratory Competency Guidelines”
• Learning a practical approach for conducting a site-specific risk assessment for work at BSL-3
• Learning to prepare a thoughtful emergency response plan for your BSL-3 space
• Enhancing your approach for conducting compliance audits in the BSL-3 lab
• Gaining knowledge of methods to mitigate risks related to exposures
• Enhancing your ability to effectively teach others to work safely at BSL-3
NOTE: The subject is hard but we make it fun and engaging
WHAT WE OFFER
A state of the art BSL-3 laboratory training facility
Limited enrollment for maximum instructor/student interaction
Faculty teams made up of veteran lab design and biosafety experts who are also experienced instructors
A mix of case studies, lecture, demonstrations, facility tours, group exercises and hands-on workshops
Many structured opportunities to network and share challenges and solutions with instructors and fellow students
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Architects, biosafety professionals, certifiers, commissioning agents, design engineers, facility managers, health and safety professionals and laboratorians in leadership positions.
Register for BSL-3 Facilities: Design and Operation and
Advanced BSL-3 Practices and Procedures and Save $200 off of your Tuition.
Savings are Automatically calculated during Registration.