This meeting is postponed.
Course Description: Our small class size allows participants to learn the basics of BSL3 safety through personalized instruction and lots of hands-on activities. Our teaching team of an architect, engineer and biosafety engineer, provide practical, “been-there, done-that” information, incorporating real-world experience as well as theoretical knowledge.
This Course Is For: Laboratorians, Facility Managers, Biosafety Professionals, and health and safety professionals who have BSL1 or BSL2 experience who are interested in BSL3 operations and safety issues.
Reasons to Attend: Follow a real-world case study from initial risk assessment through a variety of scenarios and explore how changes in a project can affect practices, PPE and other controls. Learn how to prepare for an train others to respond to emergencies. Examine the roles played by biosecurity and medical surveillance in protecting your workers and the public. Participate in interactive learning activities you can use in your own facilities. Explore competencies through case studies, personalized instruction and hands-on activities in a BSL3 training lab.
- Scott Aldermanm, MS, CBSP, Director of Safety and RBL Operations for Human Vaccine Institute Duke University
- Paul Jennette MS, PE RBP, CBSP, Director of Biocontainment Operations/Biosafety Engineer, Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine
- Paul Meechan, PhD, MPH, RBP, CBSP, SM(NRCM) Biosafety Consultant
- Mary Ann Sondrini, EdM, Executive Director, Eagleson Institute
Course Tuition: “BSL3 Facilities: Design and Operation” and “Advanced BSL3 Practices and Procedures” include a course manual, lunch each day, and an Eagleson Institute certificate. If you register for both of those classes, you save $200.00.
- Risk Assessment
- Considerations for Use of PPE
- Laboratory Facilities and Operations
- Facility Operations Exercises
- Mock Inspection and BSC Demonstration
- Medical Surveillance
- Emergency Response
- Safe Use of Sharps
- Discussion: Student Selected Topic
- Training Issues