Why Alexandria, VA?
Located minutes from Washington, DC, Alexandria offers brick sidewalks and preserved 18th- and 19th- century buildings that will send you back in history. Outside the door of our hotel is Kings Street known for boutiques and specialty shops. Founding fathers dined at Gadsby’s Tavern, which is a museum with period objects, photographs and the site of our networking dinner. Travel back in time to celebrate and make history at the 10th Occupational Health Colloquium.
Other Notable Features
- Experience history where it happened – Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum, Caryle House, or George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
- Torpedo Factory – See a naval munitions factory converted into an art center located on the banks of the Potomac River!
- The Tiny Spite House – Go see the skinniest historic house in America at 7 feet wide!
- Oldest Farmers’ Market in the U.S – Visit a 260+ year Old Town Farmer’s Market. The oldest continuously-run farmers market in the US!
- Ghost Tour – Founded in 1749, go on Alexandria’s haunted history ghost tour led by a lantern-carrying costumed guide! Explore graveyards, haunted neighborhoods and historic hot spots.
- New Additions – there are many new additions to Alexandria in 2019! These include, a new waterfront park area, electric bike tours, and new beer gardens!