This half-day course reinforces the knowledge gained in our Safety Cabinet Technology course by providing hands-on practice.
Participants Will Learn
- How to follow NSF 49 and IEST RPs requirements and appropriate test procedures for BSC certification
- What test equipment is required for the tests
- How to develop a testing grid for a BSC
- How to evaluate BSC airflow using smoke visualization
- How to conduct a smoke pattern test
- How to conduct a site assessment
- How to perform airflow tests
- How to perform HEPA leak testing
This Course is For
Certifiers, industrial hygienists, and biosafety officers.
The lead instructor for this course is Ron Gingras, Engineering Technician, Baker. Other instructors include: Tony Hawkins, Senior Service Technician, Air Techniques International; Aaron Johnson, Engineering Test Supervisor, Baker; Charlie Quint, Tech Support Group Lead, Baker
Tuition of $295 must be paid in full to guarantee a space in the class. Tuition includes: course manual, lunch and an Eagleson Institute certificate.
Prerequisite: This course must be taken in conjunction with Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology course. To Register for Safety Cabinet Technology and Introduction to Certification, please click here.