- Advanced BSL3 Work Practices and Procedures
- Advanced Certification
- BSL3 Facilities: Design, Construction and Beyond
- Certification of Sterile Compounding Facilities and Aseptic Isolators
- Duke Lemur Center Visit
- HVAC Systems and Laboratory Design
- Safety Cabinet Technology
- Testing of HEPA Filtered Systems and Pharmaceutical Cleanrooms
- Verifying BSL3 Performance: From Commissioning to Certification
Safety Cabinet Technology
May 6-7, 2019 | Sanford, ME
Our signature course continuously updated and improved since 1989.
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview of Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on laboratory workshops. The course provides numerous opportunities for hands-on learning. Engaging class discussions allow participants learn from each other. The guided tour of a BSC manufacturing facility provides a unique opportunity to understand the “nuts and bolts” of BSCs.
Participants Will Learn
- How BSCs are constructed and function.
- How the types of BSCs vary from each other and from other laboratory ventilation equipment.
- What exhaust options exist for each type.
- Why HEPA filtration plays a key role in BSC operation.
- What factors influence BSC performance.
- How to use safety cabinets effectively.
- How performance envelopes are used to select a BSCs set point.
- When and how cabinet decontamination is performed.
- What hazards are associated with decontamination and certification.
- How all required BSC testing is performed
- How to select the appropriate BSC for a specific application
This is an introductory level course.
Lance Gaudette, Engineering Technician, Baker; Ron Gingras, Biological Safety Cabinet Certification Specialist, Eagleson Institute; Tony Hawkins, Senior Service Technician, Air Techniques International; Kara Held, Science Director, Baker; Bob Jones, Consultant, Eagleson Institute; Bryan Lavallee, Tech Support Supervisor, Baker; Larry McCarthy, Product Design Engineer, Baker;
Tuition of $1095 must be paid in full to guarantee a space in the class. Register for the entire week of classes to receive a $200 discount. Tuition includes: course manual; lunch each day; an Eagleson Institute certificate; and a special class reception and dinner, with plenty of time to network with peers and instructors.